One of Us!

One of Us!

San Culottes

San Culottes

Thursday, March 4, 2010

National Razor


Here I am standing by my door and a guard walks by and looks at me as if i said something wrong. I say hello and good evening to him, and he just keeps walking. I was so scared for a moment there I went into my house and sat down on the my barrel of a chair. I tell my kids to never say a word about the price of bread. They nod there head and go on and play again.

Next day I wake up to the sounds of screams, not ordinary sceams of a woman, but of a young child. I run out the door to see my child standing in the Guillotine. I run over to watch and yell at the guards to ask them what my oldest child did. They did not respond to me so I run up the stairs and try to untie my child while she is screaming and crying at the same time. The guards hold me and make me watch as my child is murdered. After her soul left her body I was next and I knew it. I was scared and i asked them if i can say a word to my kids, they reply yes. I tell my kids to not say a word and to not make a scene about anything.

They tie me up to the table and slide it forward. All that is running through my mind is that the law of the king is foolish and dumb. I am thinking of nothing but to see my wife who had earlier died from these monsters. I only want to be with her and my daughter, but who will take care of my kids I am all they had and what they needed. I take one look into the crowd and see my children crying because they have no one left I yell out I love them. I dont think they can hear me but they can read my lips, and they say it back. The tear from my eye streams down into the basket that will soon hold my head in it.

2 comments:

  1. Yess its horrible that we are killing people with the Guillotine, but we can not have people I dislike in this country.

    Sincerly:
    Maximilien Robespierre

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's horrible to be killing people with the Guillotine. No body deserves to die for things they have done wrong. Things can always be corrected in ways other than violence.

    ReplyDelete